Product Lifecycle Management for food & beverage
A PLM project is not just an IT project but is primarily a business organization and reorganization process focused on product development activities.
Sinfo One, with more than 30 years of experience, over 200 customers - 75% of which operating in the Food & Beverage sector - and proven experience in understanding business requirements and innovation needs, can drive every food & beverage company at the PLM solution that best suits their needs.
Sinfo One's PLM for food & beverage, Si around, is more than just a technology solution. Si around is a new, strategic approach to the product value chain that emphasizes process efficiency, cross-functional collaboration in the extended enterprise, rapid innovation, rigorous quality control, risk mitigation and cost-effectiveness.
Si Around allows you to fill the innovation gap inside organizations providing:
- higher product quality;
- shorter time to market;
- a leaner and more efficient value chain;
- faster and easier compliance;
- increased profitability;
- better insight into product-related processes throughout the value chain.
- decisions based on accurate and comprehensive data.
Si aroundis a workflow based platform for team collaboration calibrated on your specific business needs, both on premise and hybrid as well as cloud.
Si around is a set of fully integrated modules.
Global Specification Management
- Management of product specifications (nutrients, allergens, ingredients, claims).
- Recipe optimization.
- Approval flows.
- Technical legislation compliance.
New Product Development
- Global consistency with flexibility.
- Innovation data in a single repository.
- Definition of metrics to measure projects success.
- Improved collaboration via web based network.
- Knowledge base for innovation.
- Assured suppliers’ compliancy.
- Centralized web based portal to optimize suppliers’ collaboration throughout the extended enterprise.
- Seamless integration of outsourced development, supply and manufacturing resources.
Product Quality Management
- Integration of critical product documents, such as non-conforming, corrective actions and suppliers’ corrective actions.
- Product quality improvement by tracking customers’ complaints and audits.
- Integrated compliance processes.